The Wrath of the Lamb
The book of Revelation brings the battle that started at the beginning of history when Satan rebelled—resulting in mankind’s plunge into sin and loss of dominion over Earth—to a glorious conclusion as Jesus Christ returns claims what is rightly His!
The Battle Begins—“The Wrath of the Lamb”—Rev. 6
Chapter 1—Meet our Glorious Commander
Chapter 2 & 3—Rally letters to His Ambassadors prior to the battle.
Chapter 4 & 5—Ambassadors come home; music is prepared, preparations for war are made.
I. An Old Testament Text (about 800 BC) that sets up the purpose and nature of the future days of Tribulation.
3 important events each called the Day of the Lord.
Joel 1—a locust plague (had just happened)
Joel 2:1 -27 —an invasion by Assyria (was imminent)
Joel 2:28-3—the 2nd Coming of Jesus Christ (future)
Why will there be a 7 year time of Tribulation like the world has never known before?
1. to remove the Earth from Satan’s domain and return it to the rule of man (under King Jesus—the God Man) Read Revelation 12:12
2. to finish His promise to Abraham about a LAND, PEOPLE, and SPIRITUAL BLESSINGS—it will take 7 yr of trib, to humble Israel’s heart.
Read Jeremiah 30:7 and Ezekiel 36
3. to judge the nations and bring the believers into His Kingdom
Read Joel 3 and Matthew 25 one day every knee shall bow
II. A New Testament Text (about AD 30) where Jesus explains the events of the Tribulation.
Matthew 24: 1-31
III. The Seven Seals are Opened. (during the first half of 7 years)
1. The White Horse
2. The Red Horse
3. The Black Horse
4. The Pale Horse
5. The Prayers of the Martyrs
6. The Earthquake and Cosmic Signs
7. The 7th seal contains the 7 trumpets