“Whatever Happened to Holiness”
This letter is full of reminders and encouragement to stand fast and keep progressing in the faith! It is not primarily a problem-solving letter seeking to change belief or behavior.
- A Quick Review of 1 Thessalonians.(Date of letter:Late AD 50/early AD 51)
This was a model church!
- Truly a church with genuine conversions
- Work of faith, labor of love, patience of hope
- Loved and elect by God
- Imitators of apostles and of Jesus
- Examples to others in the region
- Evangelistic—gospel echoed out from the assembly
- Living transformed lives as they waited for Jesus’ return
2. Our Walk must be our Priority (4: 1-2)
- Remember God’s Word which you have been taught.
- Do it.
3. God’s Will must be our Path (4: 3-7)
- Abstain from sexual immorality.
- Respect others.
- You are responsible for your actions.
4. God’s Approval must be our Passion (4:8)
- Be loyal to the Father.
- Rely on power from the Spirit.