“A Prayer and 3 Requests”
This letter is full of reminders and encouragement to stand fast and keep progressing in the faith! It is not primarily a problem-solving letter seeking to change belief or behavior.
1. The Prayer—1 Thess. 5: 23-24
- Sanctification—three aspects:
2. The source of our sanctification—
3. The extent of our sanctification—
- The goal of our sanctification—
- The timing of our ultimate sanctification—
- The guarantee of our sanctification—
2, Three Requests—1 Thess. 5: 25-27
- Pray for your pastor.
- Love and encourage each other.
- Submit to the Word of God.
3. Don’t forget—Be characterized by grace! 1 Thess. 5: 28