This letter is full of reminders and encouragement to stand fast and keep progressing in the faith! It is not primarily a problem-solving letter seeking to change belief or behavior.
A Quick Review of 1 Thessalonians.(Date of letter:Late AD 50/early AD 51)
This was a model church!
- Truly a church with genuine conversions
- Work of faith, labor of love, patience of hope
- Loved and elect by God
- Imitators of apostles and of Jesus
- Examples to others in the region
- Evangelistic—gospel echoed out from the assembly
- Living transformed lives as they waited for Jesus’ return
- Love ________________________ (4:9-10)
1. Love acts.
2. Love goes out to all.
3. Love grows.
2. Work ________________________ (4: 11)
- Lead a quiet life.
- Mind your own business.
- Work with your own hands.
3. Live _________________________ (4:12)
- Your testimony impacts others. You are either a missionary or you are a mission field.
- Don’t take advantage of others.