“The Line That Divides”
This letter is full of reminders and encouragement to stand fast and keep progressing in the faith! It is not primarily a problem-solving letter seeking to change belief or behavior.
- A Quick Review of 1 Thessalonians.(Date of letter:Late AD 50/early AD 51)
This was a model church!
- Truly a church with genuine conversions
- Work of faith, labor of love, patience of hope
- Loved and elect by God
- Imitators of apostles and of Jesus
- Examples to others in the region
- Evangelistic—gospel echoed out from the assembly
- Living transformed lives as they waited for Jesus’ return
The Thessalonian’s Response to the Word of God (2:13-14)
The primary role of a pastor is to teach his people to submit to Scripture.
Their Opponents Response to the Word of God (2: 15-16)