“Approved by God”
- A Quick Review of 1 Thessalonians.(Date of letter:Late AD 50/early AD 51)
This was a model church!
- Truly a church with genuine conversions
- Work of faith, labor of love, patience of hope
- Loved and elect by God
- Imitators of apostles and of Jesus
- Examples to others in the region
- Evangelistic—gospel echoed out from the assembly
- Living transformed lives as they waited for Jesus’ return
- What does a life or a church look like that is approved by God?
We must be concerned about right motives and right methods.
- Allegiance to the Savior (2: 1-2)
- Commitment to the Truth (2: 3)
- Entrusted with the Gospel (2:4)
- Pleasing God and not man (2:4b-6)
- Gentle, nurturing care like a nursing mother (2: 7-9)
- Courageous, loving authority like a father (2: 10-12)